Sunday, November 17, 2013

I celebrate you today for touching my heart in a special way

They say each person with HIV goes through a denial phase at a certain time in their life and i am no exception. Since 2006, i was always excited over not being on medication and any time i received septrin(cotrimaxazole) i would not take. I had started with a CD4 count of 927 and i somehow believed i was too healthy for the virus. But the counts went down anytime i went back for my clinic appointment maybe because i had been disobedient and not followed the doctor's instructions to the latter. 
Close to the end of the year 2010, my counts had come down to 278 and doctors advised me to start medication. I refused and demanded that i be given time to think. I could not take forever and therefore had to begin medication and on Valentines 2011, i began. 
My face book page Pauline Gift Zawadi just like this blog is the place where i have vented out my feelings for close to five years now. I always share with my friends and followers what i  go through both emotionally and physically. 
Just after start of my taking ARVs, I sometimes would forget to take medication and i made this call to my face book friends to be reminding me to take my drugs and three friends came out to help; Pamela, Marcie and Symo. They would remind me to take medication daily. I celebrate the three of you today. You all touched my heart in a special way and i pray for Gods blessings upon your lives.
 From February to November Pamela sent me either a message or called daily to remind me to take my drugs. I had never met Pamela till sometimes in September 2011. She had requested me to be one of her bridesmaid during her wedding in November. The wedding was awesome. I went to Kisumu with my best friend and cousin Sue and it was quite an adventure.
Pamela, how i pray wherever you are that God blesses you abundantly. Your commitment for that long till your wedding day will never leave my memory. During those months that you sent an sms or called, i felt so proud. I had received a treatment partner who was like a sister to me. Not even my brother has ever been that good to me.  
I celebrate Pastor Jackson Musya in a special way. You came into my life and have not tired to encourage me yet have never met me. Please accept this gift of appreciation on behalf of all the facebook friends that have stood with me through thick and thin.
I love it when i have to show love to the vulnerable ones. I severally made calls for help to some of our sisters who were going through hardships and some face book friends without knowing me personally trusted me with their money through mpesa in response to the calls. Some of you even came from far away towns just to respond to the calls and help out a sister. Wambui has been grateful to date for becoming her friends at her time of need. However, Wambui is currently depressed after loosing her only adorable daughter who was HIV positive. As for Carol and Njeri, they passed on and may their souls rest in peace. 
On face book, you friends have been my support especially psychologically. Its through your comments that i feel your love. If it were not for you maybe going through my life would have been more difficult. 
I therefore call upon you to continue doing good you never know how much it means to that other person.  
And finally since i started this blog, i have my staunch readers. Thank you so much for the support. Be blessed.

No comments: