Monday, February 17, 2014

I am progressing on well with my pregnancy

Today  i am sixteen weeks pregnant. The journey seems slower than i expected. I am still having a few pregnancy side effects which are of course expected. What i cant wait are the baby kicks that i anticipate to start soon. Guess what i already bought a pretty 5 piece diaper bag and in there, there is a baby shawl, a warmer and some baby suits. Don't ask me why i am doing baby shopping so early its just that am excited to have this baby. I feel the baby needs so much and little by little i will have filled her room with all that she needs.
I already attended my first antenatal appointment at thirteen weeks. A series of tests were taken whose results i will be going to collect this Friday. What was surprising during that appointment is how inquisitive the doctor was about the baby daddy a subject that i did not like. You may be wondering how i am coping with no word from baby daddy. I had anticipated this to happen and so i braved myself for such a time like this; Though there have been countless times that i wished that he was around. 
The first week of February i attended a job interview. I really need this job and i hope i will get it. I had to find a way of concealing my pregnancy lest it denies me the opportunity. But luckily enough some of my skirt suits can still fit me despite my bigger tummy. I managed and i can assure you no one noticed i could be pregnant. In the next two weeks, i will know whether i got the job or not and i need prayers from you my readers. Its a job that i deserve to get. If i get it, it will enhance my career progress and i will be able to settle my dreams.My two very strong vulnerabilities never featured anywhere during the interview, my pregnancy and my HIV status, and they are the more reason i need this job. My family is now bigger, i got five mouths to feed.
I just love the feeling of being pregnant. Its a choice that not many will take but i am determined to go through it no matter what. I am also experiencing very bad mood swings; and the worst is withdrawal symptoms like those of someone with depression. I am not sure if its stress but i think am trying to cope. I just thank God that i am able to go through this. Its his favor that has made me come this far. 
Ask me how valentines was and i assure you i pulled through. Guess what i did, i read a composition written by my son while in class four about his mother. That was the best valentine gift i had. The words made me cry so much. I could not believe that's how Kev thought about his mother. The sweet words were so strong. I could not help imagine of this other bundle of joy's word's when she is told to write about her mother. I hope she remembers to write the songs i sing to her now. The love day passed and life moves on. The most important thing is that i love myself and nothing, no matter what will bring me down.
I did not buy mum a Christmas dress as i always do because that was when i was going through the worst form of morning sickness. But as i shopped for baby clothes. I bought her a dress too. How i wish that its a girl so that any time she celebrates her birthday, i fix my mum's birthday too since my mum doesn't know the date she was born apart from the year. And as my mum blows sixty plus candles baby girl starts to count one.


No comments: