Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tribute to Baby Victoria

Yesterday i happened to leave my phone in the office and this consequently led to my waking up late since i did not hear my usual alarm. I therefore did not make it to see mama Victor in hospital as i have been doing since she delivered baby Victoria on Sunday. I had visited her yesterday in the morning and i was confident that her and the baby would be released to go home in the course of the day.
Baby Victoria was born weighing 2.3 kgs, one month earlier than the scheduled date. That Sunday mother was so happy and she invited her friends to join in her joy. I hurried to be at the hospital before six pm and with me i carried some clothes for the baby. 
I found mother and baby and friends and my turn came to hold the baby. She was so lovely and since any time she breast fed she threw up, (the vomiting started soon after birth) i helped change the baby. We later left the hospital as it was getting late. The next morning i woke up and took another change of baby clothes. 
Baby Victoria was taken to the Nursery on the third day after she was found to have jaundice and dehydration. The vomiting had continued all this time and this is what led to her being dehydrated.  She was in the nursery until last night when the mother was informed that she had passed on. I received the news this morning. Baby Victoria had passed so soon. I couldn't help but cry.
To baby Victoria, i had grown to love you soon after you were born. Unknown to you, you had ignited the desire in me to have a baby girl. Just yesterday, i shared to the world how i felt over having yet another child as a mother. The clothes you looked so beautiful in were part of the baby clothes in my wardrobe that i have kept in faith that i shall have a baby girl someday. In fact they were the last bunch since i always find myself giving out the clothes to friends who give birth before me. Mercy who is now three was the first to have a share. How i would have wished to see you grow, start smiling and even go to school but since God loved you more, i have accepted his will. Two of my friends who have lost a baby have got twins in the consecutive  pregnancy. I pray that your mother shall be blessed again. Wherever you are i would like you to know that your mother has been very sad. She cried until her eyes were so swollen. On seeing her i felt tears too and was unable to go closer in case i cried in front of that big crowd that was there at the hospital. You shall remain in our hearts dearest, May your young soul rest in peace.

No comments: