Thursday, June 20, 2013

Curious me

When i was growing up in Nyeri, the removal of the foreskin was treated as a very important occasion for transition to adulthood. Any circumcised man was automatically respected by boys"ihii". The experience i understand is so painful and enduring the pain is an indication of bravery or being a 'total man'. This is normal in many traditional and even modern African societies.
 I never took interest in this subject until it became a debate when i was growing up. Men from a particular community in Kenya were always handled and called names just because they did not undergo the rite. They were termed as immature.
Girls are adventurous and when i was in campus, girls would discuss on how 'sweet' uncircumcised men were in bed. I had never had an experience and so i would only listen and not contribute anything. I waited for my day to come when i would see and experience. Shhhhh i am not supposed to discuss this...
I met Chris some years back and he was all over me in a short time. He told me a lot of sweet nothings. I have always known am beautiful and am so confident about it. So it does not move me at all when a man flatters me. But this man was different.The way he said it made me feel important. Wait until he told me he is not circumcised and that he fears the knife. My curiosity was raised. I wondered what i would do without having to go to bed with him. I needed to see how it looks like. 
Dont forget that am a mother to a boy yet this curiosity??//

No comments: